Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's CNY and I am in Australia!!

boo hoo......no reunion dinner, no oranges, no he peow soup, no pineapple tarts, no ang paos & the top of the list....NO BA KWA!!!!

Apart from the food, I've always loved CNY and X'mas. It's the time where family members (and I mean the entire clan) will come together to eat and be merry. We've missed Christmas and Chinese New Year so far...so depressing. Oh and of course Andre and I miss the gambling...tee hee!

Mum cooked Chap Chai, He Peow Soup, Chicken Curry, Babi Pong Teh. yum yum! She'd most probably cook more if we were there.

Here in Perth, CNY came and it was like any other normal day of the year. All was quiet as usual. No half day for Andre or Zac. No excitement of getting up bright and early to get ready for visitations. No calls from friends to plan for the next earliest gambling session. Sigh...just another normal day.

Well anyways, here's wishing everyone back home Xing Nian Kuai Le, Wan Shi Ru Yi & Gong Xi Fa Cai!


1 comment:

Julian said...

Weeee madame....not sure if your saw my reply to your comment but here it is again so you have the link on your site for next year...ha ha

"Hello and welcome madame! *bear hugs*

But…but…you can do your own steamboat over there right? And Isn’t there a Chinatown there?

Anyhow here is a link especially for you….

http://tazzinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2006/04/diy-bbq-pork.html

Gong Xi Fa Cai! ;)
Xin Nian kuai le!"