Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

(sigh)...Yup...I'm 34 today. Another year and people will be saying, "oh, Ophe is now in her MID 30s"....arrrggghhhhh! Never thought I'd feel so crappy about growing older. Never mind! I'll just have to hang out more with G & Lor and I'll always feel better....tee hee!

Woke up bright and early....no different from any other Sunday. Quickly brushing my teeth then trying to wake Zac up, brush his teeth, not showering at all just so that we can make it on time for OLA's 9.30am mass.

Had a couple of sms-es birthday wishes. And more calls when we got back from mass. Skyped the Rodrigues family while they were having a Champagne brunch in my honour. And then I just lazed around and watched Desperate Housewives while my sweet husband prepared a scrumptous dinner for us in the evening.

On the menu, chilli crab, steamed fish, bean sprouts with salt fish, scallops and sambal water spinach (that's english for 'kangkong' btw). And after that, it was off to Baskins Robbins for ice cream. It was a wonderful evening!

But of course, when my husband was done preparing dinner, it was like a typhoon had just swept thru my kitchen.

Tho......like every year for the past 6yrs...I'm still wondering if my folks have totally forgotten about my birthday or will it be that only my offspring will get the calls or the presents from them. Must be some wierd chinese custom....oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Wow what a great job by dre! Have a great year sweetie!