Friday, October 19, 2007

We Learn Something New Everyday

Finally made it down to the new Sedap Corner (if you need to read more about it....here's the link http://gsharkbait.blogspot.com/2007/10/sedap.html).


I must say the place is really a cool place to hang out. They have a smoking corner right at the back but the staff check in on us regularly. And the waiter....a very polite one!


Dre and I already had dinner but as usual G over orders..like what's new right? The appetizer was good! I loved that they had the different sauces. (actually HAD to post this pic coz G said I will...lol)

Wasn't too happy with my drink tho...you half expect these places to have the good ol' Teh Tarik seeing how they are all in the Simpang Bedok area. But NO! I asked for that and they brought me Lipton Earl Grey Tea....what la!

Luckily G felt the need for banana crepe (btw...it's called Banana Tissue...coz if you say Banana Crepe, they'll tell you "noo...dont have...dont have") so we adjourned to Spize and I had my Teh Tarik! But totally regretted it after that seeing how I could only fall asleep at like 5 in the freaking morning!

About learning something new, Andrina joined us last night also. So it's really amazing how we're all abt the same age (not counting the one that's only 29!) but the difference in the words we use. I guess both Andrina and I learnt alot from each other last night. Like if you want to know where a cigar is made, you don't ask "Where's it made?" but "Where was it rolled?" Farnie lar...like I'm going to ask you where your cigarettes were rolled! ha!

Then coz we're always wanting to go for a spin in Ban Huat's Porche (ya...like G's dad will be driving one now...Andrina's hubby is also called BAN HUAT) so I asked here if BH always has a need for speed and that I'm pretty sure people are always "smelling his smoke". Then suddenly this huge question mark pops up on her forehead and we had to explain what "smelling smoke" means. So she says "oh in that case...I'll go ask BH if I can smell his smoke" We all burst out laughing loudly....even the MaMa fella commented that we were so happy!

Hiaz...so cute lar. Then I also learnt that cigars are not kept in drawers but in Humidors. And inside the Humidor, there's a thermometer to keep the temperature in check and a bottle of special water (cigar Holy Water maybe) to keep the cigars fresh. To read more..go to http://gsharkbait.blogspot.com/2007/10/our-little-own-mind-your-language.html

All in all, the outing was good. Will be seeing BH and Andrina again tomorrow at the Salsa Festival at downtown east. Conversation wise should be fun!

1 comment:

Sharkbait said...

Yes we do....

and yes I do....but food finised what!!

LOL